Perhaps you have been making bread by hand for years, but now you are strapped for time or you have health problems like arthritis. You still want to make your bread recipes but what do you do? Well, why not use a bread machine? A bread machine recipes allow your dough to mix, knead and rise before you take the dough out of the machine to shape into whatever you want.
A bread machine doesn’t add extra heat to your kitchen which is good in the summer. It is also a useful extra oven for occasions such as Thanksgiving and Christmas. You also don’t have to do a lot of cleaning up and it is much cheaper to use than your oven, be it gas or electric.
Bread Machine Wholemeal Buttermilk Bread
- 12.5 oz buttermilk
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup wholemeal flour
- 3 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- Place all the ingredients in the bread machine.
- Select the White Bread setting and press start.
- Check after 5 minutes to see if the ingredients are forming a ball. If not add a little more buttermilk. If it is too runny add some more flour.
- Cook for 3 hours, leave it in the pan for 10 minutes and then cool on a wire rack.
Bread Machine Recipes
As you have seen there are different types of bread that you can make with your bread machine. We hope you will enjoy making our bread maker recipes.